Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What I NEED for Christmas!



Looking back over the last three years, I know that I am the culprit to my own exhaustion. I am the enabler to my sleepless nights, but he is so darn cute! I'm speaking of Clayton. He has been invading my bed now, every night, for three years. In the beginning stages it was because he was a preemie. After we got home from our stay at St. Louis Children's Hospital, it was because he was sick. Once I got him sleeping, with his brother, in their own bed and he would sneak into my room at night it was because he was scared. After age two I chalked it up to, "but he's my baby", because he is such a momma's boy and I love it. But now he's three and there is no excuse! I attempted a strange, yet just-my-mothering-style tactic two weeks ago. When he would get in my bed, I would waller him, elbow him, hang my leg over on him and push him until he had had enough. Instead of going back to his bed or moving to the pallet that is by my bed, he got up-walked to dad's side of the bed-and snuggled in. Jared loved it, the whole crossing-over moment and this cycle has started again! I realized the other night I should just move to the couch when he enters my bed....but his sniffer realized I was gone and FOLLOWED me to the couch, "mommy, why'd you leave me!" Yes, it was true. Now I was on the couch and in the dog house! I've prayed, I've screamed, I've cried and I've thought of giving him up for nighttime adoption. In the end-I think I'll ask Santa for a King size bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment