Friday, July 24, 2009

Kleenex, Clorox and Summer


Well, vacation time is officially here for the Stark Family! Myles has hit the road back to Alabama with his Grandpa, very exciting! Jared is leaving as well this weekend, headin up to TableRock with the gang for a weekend of diving. Clay and I are lounging around the homefront, cleanin, packin and lazin until Monday morning. Then we are all headin south to Alabama for a week of lazy with Grandpa and Gramdee! We expect nothing more than daily picnics and pool parties all week! As well we will be hitting our local fave's for delicious cuisine! I can't believe summer is on the downhill spiral as we speak.
I stopped at Walmart, which I rarely do-mainly due to my total disgust and hatred toward that place, and picked up the "Back To School List". This year I had to get two and that was sad enough, let alone realizing I have to buy two boxes of Kleenex per kid. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but this time of year makes me ask myself one question, "Just exactly what do my $400.00 per year school taxes go toward?" Neither of my kids need two boxes of kleenex, maybe a few extra shirtsleeves, but two boxes-NEVER. Yet every year I purchase enough Clorox wipes and Kleenex for the class and my kids still get sent home with runny noses and a cough! Soooo...my point...this year I am rebelling! I know, not a good influence on the kiddo's, but who cares. I am purchasing the following...a 6 pack of germ-x individual size bottles to fit in the boys' backpacks, a 12 pack of individual size kleenex, once again to fit in the backpacks and a bottle of airborne! I am done suppling the school's snotty faced little kids with kleenex and clorox! I spoke with the teacher this past year and she said it was appreciated because a lot of the kid's parents can't afford them and so the supply dwindles. Excuse me, did I hear you right? Can't afford it? Who-total price $8.00? Who can't afford that? I understand being on a budget and maybe one or two kids-total, in the entire school-can't afford eight dollars. But, are you serious. My reply, "Stop smoking for two days and you take over the Kleenex/Clorox fund!" Maybe, "Get a J-O-B" or "Stop cheating the system, then I would have an abundance of monetary influx and then I wouldn't mind buying a few extra kleenex. Anyway, just thought I would share! -Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment